Tuesday 13 November 2012

Taking it further

Well, it has been 10 days since I was attacked by the farm dog. 10 days of heavy dose antibiotics and the side-effects that accompany them. 10 days of having to rest and keep my leg up to avoid the spread of infection. 10 days of worrying whether the infection will take hold and whether complications will set in. 10 days of frustration and worry. The wounds are healing.... slowly.... so slowly.They are deep and have to heal from within. I have been told that another 2 weeks of complete rest and leg up are required. The weather is beautiful out there now. I want to be outside doing stuff. We have wood to sort. I have work on the potager to do. I have a bike I want to ride. I have places I want to go. I am angry. My anger is fuelled by the dog owner's apparent complete contempt for her legal obligations as a dog owner. I am investigating my options for taking the matter further but, this being France, I am sure it won't be straightforward. But I feel like I have to at least give it a shot. I would hate for somebody else to be subject to an attack by her dogs with possibly even worse repercussions. It mustn't be allowed to happen.

No comments: