Friday 30 April 2010

Back home

Yesterday was indeed a scorcher, a beautiful warm Spring day, as forecast, but because of various physical impediments, neither Andy nor I got out on the bikes which was a shame. But we did enjoy a picnic out and an explore around the Puy de Sancy which was nice. Overnight, however, the weather changed and it rained, it rained a lot. So instead of hanging around today, kicking our heels, we decided to head home. Good job we did, because everything at home was bone dry - my dear neighbour had not watered anything in the potager, or in the pots, or the seeds that were just starting to come through. All my efforts so far this year were hanging on a knife edge. So my first job before even making a mug of tea was to water everything, but everything, including the poor clematis whose growth I had been so proud of before we went away but which was now in a dire state. I just hope it recovers. But on a more positive note, the climbing rose is bursting into flower and the few buds on the camellia have also burst out into beautiful red flowers. Photos to follow tomorrow. The meadow flowers have also come out in abundance, the lilac is in full bloom and the trees are now sporting the freshest, brightest, greenest foliage which is one of my favourite sights at this time of year.

It has been good to have a break away and to explore a new part of France about which I had read a great deal. But it is also good to be home again.

No comments: