Sunday 7 March 2010

Timeless

Bakewell, a quintessentially English town. The melodic peeling of the church bells on a Sunday morning, the clippety clop of horses hooves along the road, the Sunday papers... it's all rather, I don't know... decadent?

Anyway, back to the nitty gritty, and an excellent run with Ayshea this afternoon in glorious weather .... clear blue skies but with a definite chill in the air. Aysh has only started running again recently after having her 2nd baby in early November. "I won't be running up any of the hills, you know", she cautioned me. "That's fine by me!" I replied. But Aysh is a super-motivated and determined lass and, as I expected, she ran up ALL of the hills ... that was 400m of ascent in total! Go girl!The route took us from Grindleford, up Padley Gorge to Surprise View car park, up to Higgar Torwith views towards Stanagealong to the head of the Burbage Valley then back down the track, along to the Longshaw Estate and a return back down Padley Gorge. 14.76km in a time of 1 hr 46 mins. Despite the crowds out enjoying the Sunday sunshine, it was a thoroughly enjoyable circuit and I felt strong all the way round. I love running in the Peak and hope to up the distance in the course of the coming week. Bring it on!

No comments: