Saturday 19 December 2009

Kitchen progress

It's been a while since there has been any progress on the kitchen front. But, on Tuesday I finally found the wall tiles that I wanted at a price that I was prepared to pay and with the current spell of poor weather it was the ideal time to press on with 'les petites finitions'. So the tiles are now up and grouted and the silicone sealant will be applied tomorrow. I also decided to paint an additional wall in 'framboise' and I think it works really wellIt's been snowing on and off for the past couple of days, but it is still the cold, icey thin snow that is treacherous to walk on. The Cap des Campets that overlooks us from behind has a thin covering but not a sufficient covering to warrant a snowshoe outingThis afternoon, we popped down into the woods and finally found some holly that had been able to hold onto its precious red berries. We quickly gathered a basket full and this evening I will be decorating the beams and other surfaces downstairs. I still haven't found my box of Christmas decorations, so the tree is still looking somewhat naked, save for a few red ribbon bows. A trip to the shops is in order.

No comments: