Sunday 25 October 2009

Running in the clouds

Here at 826m alt, we have been in the clouds for most of the day. However, after the past few days of inactivity, I was hankering for a run.... not a long one, but one that would stretch my legs. The Col de Port route forestiere circuit ticked all of the right boxes, under 10km but with a couple of hundred metres of ascent on good tracks. So the pooch and I (in full running waterproofs) headed out this afternoon and it turned out to be one of the best runs I have had in a long while, when everything worked as it should ... I actually felt strong rather than pathetically weak for the first time in a long while and I completed the run 4 minutes faster than my previous best. Despite being in the clouds, it was still a beautiful circuit with the autumnal colours in their full glory

1 comment:

Pedalling Polarcherry said...

4 mins improvement is huge well done Pen! ( & Taff! )