Friday 28 August 2009

The big push

We have had a couple of big shopping trips to Brico Depot at Pamiers this week to buy supplies for the kitchen renovation and have come away with some superb value untreated solid oak doors (I have the linseed oil at the ready) for the units that Andy is going to construct next week from raw timber (that will be the final purchase tomorrow!), some excellent value solid beech worktops and some very realistic slate effect floor tiles which I am delighted with. I am heading up to the Alps to meet up with a mate for some mountain bike action on Sunday whilst Andy cracks on with pulling down the kitchen ceiling, rewiring, fitting new lights, pulling up the old manky floorboards, creating partition walls and goodness knows what other mayhem! So here are the 'before shots'

I am sure there will be 'in progress' shots next week and hopefully in 2 weeks time we should see the conclusion of 'projet rez de chaussée'. I can't wait!

No comments: