Thursday 28 May 2009

Perfect weather for the roadie

The weather is glorious again, with temperatures in the low to mid 20s and clear blue skies which cloud over later in the afternoon - perfect conditions for a short outing on the road bike. Neither of us is bike fit at the moment - my last outing was the Cyclosportive at the end of February and Andy's was goodness knows when. So after my recent health problems, a short outing was called for in order to get the bike legs back again. We parked at Seix and headed up the Ustou Valley to the bottom of the road up to the Col de Latrappe. Everything was working well and I had a good blast down on the drops on the way back - I felt really good and really strong. Instead of heading straight back to Seix, we then took a left at Pont de la Taule and headed up the valley to Couflens which is a lovely road to ride. After a short break, we turned round and headed home. We were only out for 1 hr 30 mins but it gave me confidence that my bike fitness will be quick to return. The only thing I have to be careful about is turning my head around quickly to look behind me, as I quickly lose my balance and start wobbling!

No comments: