Wednesday 12 November 2008

The tourist thang ... and a bit of a jog too!

I arrived back in the UK on Monday for a short break and was welcomed by wind and driving rain. Plus ça change! However, since then, conditions have improved somewhat... the wind has died down and today we have had clear blue skies here in Dorset. I was in need of a run, so mum and I headed down to Purbeck, she dropped me off at Corfe Castle via the scenic route......and I followed the Purbeck Way up out of Corfe and then along lovely tracks along the ridge and down towards Swanage before climbing back up and then promptly down towards Studland Beach where I was to meet mum.... approx 12kms in all. Lovely running and beautiful weather.We meandered our way back via Wareham where we had a welcome coffee before heading home. Up to the Peak District tomorrow for a couple of days and then a flight home on Sunday

No comments: