Thursday 27 November 2008

On with the snowshoes

Beautiful, clear, sunny day today - crisp and cold. Perfect. Andy had an appointment at Telemark Pyrenees to sort out the footbeds for his ski boots. He dropped the dog and I off at Caougnous on the way, from where I snowshoed up to the Col de Peguere. There were tracks from one other snowshoer up to the route forestière, but from thereon we were on virgin snow, deep powder in places and quite hard goingThe route up was beautiful, with the fallen leaves on the sparkling powder bearing witness to the changing seasons
It was only as I approached Peguere that I encountered another showshoer. We exchanged plaisanteries, expressing our delight at being out in such conditions and having the place to ourselves! The view from Peguere was extra special thanks to the snowy coveringI had hoped to head up to the Cap de Carmil from Peguere, but the other snowshoer had cautioned me about the very deep powder that he had encountered off-road. So, after a brief break, we headed back down the hill. I was back at the house in just over 3 hrs. It had been a very pleasant little outing.

No comments: