Wednesday 9 July 2008

Bikey bikey.... ish

Lovely, warm day today. Hilary and Paul were having a rest day today prior to their drive up to the Alps this afternoon and their continuation of the TDF mountain stages tomorrow. Ed (their support driver) and Richard however fancied a ride out this morning. So they left Foix early to ride up to the Col des Marrous and then on to Peguere. I met them on their descent from Peguere at Caougnous and then rode with them up to the Col de Port, down to Tarascon and back to Foix with the intention of then doing the Foix to Peguere leg and back to Pissou alone. We met Hilary and Paul in Foix for a quick coke then I got on my way. However, it soon became apparent that my legs have not fully recovered from the Saunders at the weekend. The route from Foix to Peguere isn't particularly steep but I just had nothing in my legs. Rather than exhaust myself completely, I made the sensible decision at the Col des Marrous to call the rescue service (Andy) who interrupted his strimming to collect me! I had covered 63kms and 1130m of ascent which wasn't bad going really all things considered. But a few days proper recovery may well now be a good idea.

No comments: