Saturday 7 June 2008

It's official....

... we suspected it, but it's confirmed. I wandered up to Josette and Eric's this morning after the dog woke me up with at 07.00, whining to be let out, and didn't return. Sure enough, her bitch is on heat and he has been shagging. Not that she seems too concerned about it! "J'essaie de les surveiller, mais...." (I try to keep an eye on them but...). The truth is, she is rather taken with Taff and I think would quite like her 8 yr old border collie bitch to have puppies by him. Josette reckons she is going to get her speyed, but I won't believe that until it happens! So Taff has been housebound this afternoon, apart from a brisk jaunt up the Zig Zags from the Col de Port and back down which is about the only exercise I have had for the last 10 days (just call me 'lard-lass'!)

On the house-front, progress is as follows;
- Attic now fully painted and looking fab
- Plasterboard now up on the inside and outside of the bathroom cabinet
- Insulation now up in bathroom ceiling
- Plasterboard now up on bathroom ceiling
- Plasterboard and insulation now up on the 1st floor landing ceiling

Good progress for sure... the end of this blitz of renovation is in sight, thank goodness. Still no sign of good weather though.

No comments: