Thursday 1 May 2008

Ground prep

Well, the plan was to go down to Auzat for a bit of climbing action on the granite today, but my legs are well and truely complaining after my enthusiastic running descent down steep terrain on Tuesday. So instead, I decided to tackle a stretch of ground below the washing line that has obviously been used as some kind of border in the past. It's a prime, sunny spot for some veg so I set to work with the fork and spade to lift clods of grass, weeds and nettles while Andy tackled the grass out the back in an effort to make our surroundings look a little more cared for and less neglected. Sure enough, the soil in the border seems to be good quality and there are plenty of worms in there, which bodes well for veggies. I will have to see what I can pick up from St G market at the weekend.
Hopefully my legs will have improved by tomorrow and we can get out on some rock, as the forecast is excellent.

No comments: