Friday 2 May 2008

Climbing

Lovely day today so we met up with Lee, Ian and Nina at Auzat for some climbing action on the granite. I think we had all expected it to be a bit busy, as this weekend is a long holiday weekend in France. But to our surprise, the lower grade routes were pretty much deserted and there were only a handful of other parties in sight. Very different to the Peak District crags where it would be heaving and you would have to wait patiently to get a route done!

Having never climbed on granite before, I wasn't sure what the friction would be like, but to my delight it was excellent. We shimmied up a 4c, then a two pitch 4c which was fun and then finally I seconded Andy and Lee up a 5c which was even more fun, with some lovely moves and positive rock. Too soon, it was time to head home. I am already looking forward to next time, when I will hopefully push myself a bit more on lead.

No comments: