Wednesday 27 February 2008

Back on the running trail

We had rain overnight last night and it has been overcast and grey but quite humid today. I fancied a run. The loop I had in mind starts from Pissou, heads up the hill to Caougnous and Rieupregon and then picks up the old 'Chemin de Boussenac' which leads you up to the forest track at the Col de Port .....7.5kms and just over 300m of ascent to that point. From there, a lovely run down the forest track until, 7kms later, you hit the community of Liers and a short section of road, followed by a footpath along the hillside to Eycheboul, finishing with a meander along the woodland path back to Pissou, making a total of 19kms, 570m of ascent which took us 2 hrs 45 mins today (we ran at an average pace of 6.9 kmh which wasn't too bad). But I was tired from the start - I must have pushed myself on the bike harder than I thought yesterday and felt like I had no energy whatsoever today. But I enjoyed the outing all the same and managed to snap a couple of flower piccies along the way. The Primula Elatior are making an early appearance and we also saw masses of pretty little wild purple violas and a small white flower that I think is from the anemone family....?

No comments: